Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Weigh-In - Week 4

Well I thought last week was a challenge - it was nothing compared to this week.  It all started early Sunday morning when Rachel's little Jonas was airlifted to the Children's hospital with viral meningitis.  Thank goodness he is doing so much better now.  Then Monday night I headed with the boys to my moms for the week for the boys to take swimming lessons.  Rachel's other little boy who we were taking care of and taking to his lessons got pink eye, so we've been trying to keep the other 5 kids from getting it and it was been a bit CHAOTIC around here.  So much for my relaxing week at the farm.  So again, needless to say, focusing on my weight loss hasn't exactly been a priority.  So I weighed today at my moms and I lost ....

1 lb
That brings my grand total to - 7.5 lbs.  Slow and steady wins the race, right!  I'm not making excuses - really - but it wasn't my scale and I weighed in a wet swimming suit.  One good thing I did do was go into an aqua fit class with my mom 3 mornings at the Champion pool.  My calves are killing me today.  I love working out in the water.  You don't realize how much resistance and how good a workout you are really getting until you get out of the pool.  I'm hoping I can find a class at a pool in Calgary in the afternoon when both the boys are in school.  Tomorrow I'm headed back home.  Hopefully now the drama has stopped for a while and we can all enjoy the end of summer.  My goal this week is to exercise 4 times rather than 3.  I'll report how I do next Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I think a wet suit should weigh at least 5 lbs. And I am sure the stress should help you lose some right?:)

    ReplyDelete