Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, August 4, 2011

My New Favorite Toy

In a previous post I mentioned that we purchased a "Magic Bullet" at our last trip to Costco.  Well, it has become my new favorite toy!!  With my recent weight loss efforts I'm on the lookout for yummy treats that are satisfying but still good for my waistline.  In the summer heat - nothing beats a fruit smoothie.  I take a handful of ice cubes, any fruit (today I chose blackberries, strawberries and a banana - delicious!!), a little
orange juice and a container of activia vanilla yogurt.


Blend and sip!!  So good!!  My boys love them too.  Bowen doesn't really like fruit so it is a great way to get him to have some.  I think I'll purchase some protein powder to add to my boys smoothies - anybody know a good brand?

If you've got a favorite smoothie recipe I'd love to hear it!


3 comments:

  1. I have the baby bullet and thought that it might also work to make mini sized smoothies! I will just have to try it! Looks yummy and have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some spinach in it. It alters the colour but the health benefits are amazing and you can't taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smoothies are totally our quick breakfast most school days, and when I put in protein powder I feel like I have a full meal. My favorite is the whey gourmet vanilla flavor at Costco. There is more nutrients in the whey protein then just regular protein powder and with vanilla it takes on the taste of everything. Something that I just learned from my sister when making mashed potatoes she does half cauliflower. You toss it in about half way through cooking the potatoes and then only put in a little or no milk because it is runnier. My kids did not even notice. And then it is not so starchy. Wow longest comment ever huh!!

    ReplyDelete