Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, August 29, 2011

Daddy's Taking Us to the Zoo Tomorrow

Jason's annual staff barbecue was held at the zoo again this year.  They let us into the zoo at noon and we spent the afternoon looking at the animals.  It was a gorgeous day and we had alot of fun as a family.  Bowen was a bit crabby (he's been acting like a moody 13 year old lately), but overall we had a great time.

First up was the baby giraffe and the hippos (Bowen's favorite).

Then over to the lions (one of Jason's favorites). 
I wanted to get a picture of both boys, but Bowen was not cooperating!

Notice his new lemur (Jason's work gave each of the kids $20.00 to spend at the gift shop).  Ashton bought the lemur and a pen.  Bowen bought a dinosaur toy with a sucker, and a pen.
I thought the baby gorilla was so cute - it's a bit freaky how human they look!
It was a hot day so we stopped for screamers (slurpees with icecream).  I'm proud to say I didn't order one, but I did eat a bit of Bowen's.  Yum!

We couldn't get very close to the elephants.


Only one tiger was out, I remember on Jason and my first date over 10 years ago we saw baby tigers.  I wonder where they are now?

Me and my boys!!
In the butterfly conservatory.
Then we let the boys play in the playground and took pictures in the kangaroo until the barbecue started at 6:00 p.m.

Bowen kept hiding his face and didn't want me to take his picture.  When I finally got a shot I said "Gotcha!" he screamed back "No!! I don't want my picture on your blog!!  He'll get over it!
We then went to the barbecue.  We had a bit of time before the food was ready so the boys tried out their new pens.
They had salads, hamburgers, hotdogs, drinks and apple cobbler for dessert.  They had a animal game for the kids and everyone had lots of fun.  As we were headed out of the park we stopped to take a picture by the future penguin exhibit.

Then they wanted their new animals to pose as well.  They both laughed hysterically at these pictures.

I love the zoo!  I have many great memories going as a kid with my family, and feel very blessed to now have my own little family to make new memories with.  I love spending time with my husband and boys.

2 comments:

  1. what an awesome staff party. little jealous. that is cool that they gave the kids money too. thanks for getting the song stuck in my head:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean, taking us to the zoo tomorrow?! I think I know the answer, I just thought your title was funny! It does look like you guys had a really good time. It is really cool that Jason's work does family type stuff! I hope you guys have recovered from your week out here, and enjoy the three hours to yourself once the boys go to school! Oh, I just now realized the meaning behind your title! I had to read Char's comment! "Daddy's taking us to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow!" Jared always sings this when I take the kids to the zoo, only I think he has only come once with us!

    ReplyDelete