Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Swimming Lessons

This past week I took the boys to Grandma's farm so that they could have swimming lessons in the little Champion pool where I took lessons as a kid.  Champion had renovated their little pool and it was great.  Mom and I also went into Aquafit 3 mornings.  It was so nice to be in the water first thing in the morning.  I enjoyed the fresh cool air as we exercised in the warm water.  Anyways, I digress, the boys did really well with their swimming lessons.  Ashton is really starting to improve.  He is building much more confidence and can swim a fair distance now.  He is especially good swimming on his back.

His favorite part of lessons was jumping off the diving board and lifeguard chair.

Bowen's first lesson he was up to his usual tricks.  Refusing to put his face in the water.  Not wanting to participate.  I think maybe he thought it was all a bit beneath him.  We had put him in the same class as Liam and Calum and they are quite a bit younger.  At one point he was standing at the edge of the pool and when his teachers talked to him he'd just shut his eyes and completely ignore them (what a little pill!)  After a good talking too after the first class he did much better the 2nd day.  By the 3rd day he had discovered his inner frog and was dunking and swimming all over the pool.  Of course as soon as he starting doing great - my camera battery died!

I was really proud of both my boys.  They passed their classes - but more importantly, they both built up their confidence and improved alot.  After we came home I asked the boys where they wanted to have their lessons next year - here in Calgary or at Grandma's - the answer was a resounding "Grandma's".  Hopefully next year Rachel will be able to join us too.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so funny that they let everyone jump of the lifeguard chair. Looks like everyone had a great week.

    ReplyDelete