Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, August 8, 2011

My Birthday "Month"

Me as a baby - can we say adorable!!  When did those rolls stop being so cute?
This past week on August 3rd I celebrated my birthday.  I've been debating for days whether to put how old I am on this post.  I've decided - it's no big secret!, everyone probably knows anyway, but I HATE the number so I'm not going to give it any power by saying it outloud.  I'm currently working on feeling better and younger so we'll just ignore it!

I had a great birthday.  I slept in, thanks to my boys fending for themselves and quietly watching TV and fixing themselves a snack (I know - Mother of the Year material).  When I woke up I found a note and a couple of magazine from my sweet husband.

The note reads "Happy Birthday! I want you to sit back, relax, put your feet up, read a book or... magazine.  I love you and will see you later.  XOXOXO Jason 
So I did exactly as the note said and did nothing!  It was fabulous!  Guilt free and a much enjoyed break.  Later that night Jason and the boys took me to Chili's for supper and gave me some body lotion, spray, and wash.  We then strolled around the mall and went to a couple of my favorite stores (Crate & Barrel, and Restoration Hardware) to window shop.

My family has always teased me that I don't just have a birthday - I have a birthday month!  I've always liked to stretch out the celebrations and seeing how no one else in my immediate family was born in August why shouldn't it just be my month.  Well, in keeping with that tradition on Saturday my mom came up and watched the boys for us while Jason took me for dinner and a movie.  We went to Red Lobster for a fabulous crab dinner - so yummy! (I hope I didn't do to much damage, we'll see on Weigh-In Friday) and then to my movie pick - "Crazy, Stupid Love".  The movie was really fun and we had a great time.  Jason even had another birthday card for me - for birthday "day 6".

Then yesterday, Sunday, we headed to my Aunt Sheila's for her annual backyard barbecue.  My birthday celebrations weren't over as my Aunt had presents for me as well as a birthday icecream cake for Sheri, Madi and I.  We had alot of fun visiting with family.


I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great relaxing day. Sorry that Blake kinda ruined the whole month thing:)

    ReplyDelete