Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm in Love

Ever since we moved into our new house almost 4 years ago I've been wanting to replace my dining room chairs.  Our house has a combined living room /dining room and the chairs are very country kitchen and I never felt like they looked right.  Anytime I'm out shopping I always keep a look out but it seems any chairs I liked would be so expensive ($400 - 500 a chair). 

The other day we were out running some errands and we had been going to alot of stores Jason likes.  I think he could tell I was getting kinda bored so he suggested we go to Pier 1 (his first mistake).  I jumped at the chance and off we went.  Well I fell in love with a chair and low and behold it was even on sale and they had 2, just what I wanted.  We didn't buy them then and there as I wanted to make sure the seat height would be right with the table so we headed home.  I measured my old chairs and decided they would be perfect.  I could put them on the ends of the table and then later decide what to do for the other 4 chairs.

Later that night we were at Ty and Jill's for Ty's birthday dinner and I was telling Jill about these chairs I had found.  She mentioned that Costco had brown leather chairs for a really good price.  So after dinner I convinced Jason to go back to Pier 1 to buy my two chairs before they were gone and then Saturday morning we headed to Costco and bought 4 leather chairs.

I'M IN LOVE

See how perfectly they go with the living room couches!

I love how the back is upholstered in a different material!!!
Now to save enough money to replace our rose coloured carpet.  Imagine these chairs with a dark hardwood on the floor.  Be still my beating heart!!

My dining room before ...
My dining room after ...


Next project is to strip the table and stain it a bit darker!
I'm thinking a new place setting could be next!!

1 comment:

  1. What a difference new chairs can make! I love the expression throughout your post..."be still my beating heart!" You are priceless, and by the way happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete