Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All Set for Music Classes

By the end of June last year my music room looked like a tornado had hit it.  Nothing was in the right place and many additional items that do not belong had found their way to my music room.  So this summer I tackled getting my favorite room back into shape before lessons began.  I started by emptying out all the shelves and cupboards.

I sorted through everything.  Got rid of anything that didn't belong.  Organized all of my music into categories (classical, teaching materials, guitar, voice etc.)  I even alphabetized all my classical music so it would be easy to find, and sorted all teaching materials by easy to advanced.  I also use this room to pay bills and store any paper work the house produces.  I filed all old payments and important items.  The bench under the desk doubles as a filing cabinet.  Ikea is brilliant!  It is fabulous!!

I bought some great magazine holders and bins from Ikea for very little money.  I'm feeling very organized and know if I keep it this way I'll be able to have a productive teaching year.

Jason hung a great shelf for me.  I don't have much on it yet but I'm sure it will fill up!

I bought a little black table which fit perfectly in the empty space in the corner, which now holds my cricut.  It cost $10.00, I love Ikea!!
My new adorable coat rack which Aunt Sheila bought me for my birthday.  I'm almost excited for cooler weather so the kids wear their coats. 
View of the other side of the room.

I'm now all set to go.  I'll be spending alot of time in this room this year.  I'm grateful to have such a private and comfortable room to teach music from my home. 

I LOVE MY MUSIC ROOM!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, looks good Lainie. I too, organized my 2 book shelves of music this year..trouble is, it is in another room of my home, but works ok, when I need to find a piece.
    Love being organized for piano. Music stickers and pens all ready.
    Have a great year. That music coat rack looks great. Hope it is strong enough to hold all those heavy winter coats.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looks awesome. I love the cupboard that opens and the coat rack is neat.

    ReplyDelete