Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Today was back to school for the boys.  Ashton started Grade 2 and Bowen is in Kindergarten.  They both got up without a complaint and were very excited to go to school.  First was Ashton's turn.  He got ready and Bowen and I took him to the bus and then met him at the school to help him find his class.
He is in Mrs. Forsyth's class.  Mrs. Leong's class is right next door with sliding doors that are usually open and they all have class together.  He was very excited about that as many of his close friends are in the other class.  He has one best buddy that he sat beside and he told me his first day of school was "awesome".  A mom can't ask for more than that.  He is getting so grown up and I'm so proud of him.
Sitting with his good friend Devin.

With his new pencil case that the school provided that he is very excited about!
Bowen spent the morning anxiously waiting his turn to go to school.  He goes from 12:06 until 2:50 p.m.  At 11:30 we left for the school bus stop.  We waited until 15 minutes past the time his bus was supposed to arrive and finally gave up and I drove him to school.  I was going to follow the bus there anyway but we're not quite sure what happened.





Bowen reading the National Geographic while waiting for the bus that never came.
 Bowen is in Ms. Clark's class.  He said he really liked her and had a great time.  The kindergarten has staggered entry this week so Bowen doesn't go again until after holiday Monday.  He was a little nervous, but just waved goodbye to me and kept working on his picture.  I am so proud of him.  I was doing fine until I walked out of the door and it hit me I don't have little kids anymore.  I felt silly for shedding a few tears but I don't think anyone saw me.
The boys come home from school together.  Bowen even got to sit with Ashton and not in the first row with the other kindergarteners.  I was happy they had both had such a great day!  We are so impressed with this little school and are grateful we live in this school district.

We took the boys out for supper tonight to celebrate their first day back at school.  It was nice to be able to go out as a family, especially since we won't have much of a chance once I start teaching again next week.

I can't believe that both of my boys are now in school!  I hope the rest of the year goes as well as today did! 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that he made it home on the bus. Wheew!! With that title I thought you were getting a jump start on Christmas:) however I whole heartedly agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture you took of Bowen sitting at the table looks like there is a giant lightbulb above his head! It made me think of Despicable Me, when Gru says Light Bulb! They look so cute and they look like they had a really great time at school!

    ReplyDelete