Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mr. Independent

First thing this morning as I opened the door to step out of my master bathroom I almost ran smack into Ashton.  He was standing right in front of the door, fully dressed, with his coat on, lunch kit in hand, and announced to me that all I had to do was drive him to school.

7:00 a.m. and he was completely ready to go.  I double checked his lunch - he had packed a juice box, ritz bits crackers, banana bread, raisins, yogurt in a tube, and a chocolate pudding for dessert.  I asked him what he wanted for breakfast.  He let me know he had already had a nutella sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk.

I'm not sure if I should feel very proud of his initiative to get ready on his own - or a little sad that my little boy is becoming so independent.  Love that boy of mine!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Can he come stay with Leah for awhile. That girl really has one speed and we can get up at 6 of 7:30 and we are always rushing because of her. That is an impressive lunch. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should feel glad you don't have to spend the day with kid who is hopped up on Nutella and chocolate milk!

    ReplyDelete