Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

For No Reason

My husband made me the most delicious dinner last night - for no reason!  He said it was just because he loves me ... (pause - insert oohhs and aaahhhs here).  We used to watch the Iron Chef alot and if you are familiar with the show the chefs would be assigned a food item and then would cook a meal around it.  Jason decided to take up the challenge and since we have alot of pears at the moment - he picked pears. 

With no recipe at all he whipped up a pork tenderloin with glaze, atop a potato, pear and onion pancake with red peppers and pear.  It was so delicious!! 

Notice the presentation - that would make Gordon Ramsay proud!!
On the Iron Chef they have a time limit of an hour.  That was the only part of the challenge he didn't succeed in - granted he didn't have a team of sous chefs to help him either.  We ate at 9:00 p.m. to candlelight with the boys in bed, complete with "bubbly".  What a special treat for me before I start my busy schedule tonight with music students.


For dessert he made poached pears with icecream and chocolate sauce.  I know - right!!  We'll see what this surprise dinner does to my weightloss.  Extra exercise needed today.


My hubby really is the best!  Now to clean up from last night.  I think he dirtied every pan and dish in the house!!

1 comment: