Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Weigh-In - Week 10

I can't believe that my weigh-in weeks are now in the double digits.  If I don't find something else to blog about my blog is going to turn into just a weighloss blog - and nobody wants that, especially me!  Well, I weighed in this morning and this week I have lost ...
1 lb
That brings my grand total to 13.5 pounds!!  This progress is going slowly - but I need to remind myself that I've been consistently losing for 10 weeks.  I'm feeling positive and optimistic that I may will be able to really do this.  I just keep thinking about it in small increments.  6.5 pounds to go before my next reward.  I'm thinking either a little something from Athropologie (one of my favorite stores), or my sister and I found a great glass bottle at Pottery Barn (another one of my favorites) that would be perfect to hold my listerine in my bathroom.

On one of my busy piano nights I tried another crockpot recipe.

CHICKEN IN SAUCE

30          Peeled baby carrots
4            Medium potatoes, cut up
10 oz.    Canned whole mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup  Chopped or sliced onion
6            Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

10 oz.    Condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp      Chicken bouillon powder
1/4 cup  White wine (I just used water)
1            Envelope dry onion soup mix
1/4 tsp    Salt (optional) - I didn't bother since the soup mix is quite salty
1/8 tsp    Pepper

Arrange vegetables in layers in 5 quart slow cooker.  Lay chicken pieces over top.

Stir remaining 6 ingredients together well in bowl.  Mix well.  Spoon over chicken.  Cover.  Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours.  Serves 6.

My crockpot cooks hot so I just did mine for 5 hours on low and it was done.

Add a tossed salad and you've got an easy, healthy, yummy supper.  Enjoy!


I still need to add more exercise.  We're taking the boys swimming tonight for FHE (yes, we have our FHE on Friday night - too busy the rest of the week), so that will be a good start.  I hope to have a great week - I'll let you know next Friday!

1 comment:

  1. The slower you lose weight the easier it is to keep it off. Just keep telling yourself that. It doesn't matter how slow. It really doesn't. It is going down, not up, and that's what's important.

    I LOVE Anthropologie too. Pick that one.

    I think you look great. Good job.

    ReplyDelete