Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Weigh-In - Week 9

I cannot believe that it is Friday again - WHERE DOES THE WEEK GO??  I must admit that I feel I am struggling to stay on top of everything.  Does anyone else feel like they can barely keep on top of the daily stuff (that has to get done) and can never get to the other stuff on the list?  Things like cleaning out cupboards, going through the kids clothes to clear out the ones that are too small, cleaning out the playroom, going through the mountains of boxes in storage (that I'm sure are things we don't need and are just taking up space), working on my 5 & 7 year olds baby books - which are not even started,  not to mention all the renovation plans I have for the house (that we've been in for almost 4 years!).  Maybe I put unrealistic expectations on myself but I want to be more organized - I just don't know how to get there!

Anyways - where did that come from!  I'm here to talk about my weightloss efforts.  After a good weightloss last week, and the fact that it is "that time of the month".  (Information you didn't need or want!).  I am happy to say that this week I lost ...
.5 lbs

Which now brings my total to 12.5 pounds lost.  Sometimes it feels like the weightloss is going so slowly, or that I really haven't lost very much yet.  But yesterday, my sister was up with her little baby Jonas, and we went to the mall for some retail therapy and as I was carrying little Jonas around and we were talking Rachel reminded me that Jonas weighed 12 pounds and let me tell you he was heavy to carry around.  It just made me think how happy I am that I have that much weight I'm not carrying around anymore.  I feel like I'm taking this weight off the right way this time.  At a reasonable pace, eating realistically and in a way that I can maintain for the rest of my life.  It has recharged my batteries and I'm ready to tackle another week and see what I can accomplish - not only in my weightloss but in other areas as well.

Now if someone could just motivate me to exercise.  I HATE IT!  I'm always glad I did it after the fact - but I have such a hard time getting started.  I know how important it is!  I'm challenging myself to exercise a minimum of 3 times this week.  Somebody needs to give me a kick in the butt!

2 comments:

  1. You know what? I love to exercise and I can't find the motivation so it isn't just you. Once I get going I'm in it and I love it but it's the getting there that kills me. I spend every second up until the moment I'm working out telling myself to go workout. I really hate myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Lalainia! You truly are a motivation to me and I love reading your weekly update!

    ReplyDelete