Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Weigh-In - Week 7

I know you have all been waiting with baited breath to hear how my weightloss went this week.  I won't torture you any further, this week I lost ...
1 lb
Which brings my grand total to 10 lbs!.  I'm pretty excited about how things are going.  It isn't coming off very fast - but it's coming off.  I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm trying to focus on small increments at a time.  So tomorrow I'm off to the mall to purchase either a new top or pair of pants (or maybe both - don't tell Jason - shhh!)

I tried a new slow cooker recipe last night which was easy to make and was pretty good.  One serving is only 271 calories, so pretty good on the waistline too!

Chicken Divan
3 cups  Broccoli florets
4          Skinless chicken breast halves

SAUCE
1/4 cup  All-purpose flour
1 tbsp    Chicken bouillon powder
1/2 tsp   Salt
1/4 tsp   Pepper
2 cups   Milk

1/4 cup  Grated Parmesan cheese

Place broccoli in 5 quart slow cooker.  Lay chicken on top.

Sauce:  Stir together flour, bouillon powder, salt and pepper in saucepan.  Gradually whisk in milk until no lumps remain.  Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.  Remove from heat.

Stir in cheese.  Pour over chicken.  Cover.  Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.  Serves 4.
We served ours with rice, but it would be good with noodles or just a salad!
I'm feeling very motivated to continue doing what I'm doing and hopefully I'll continue to have success.  Here's to the next 10 pounds!!  I need to decide what my reward will be when I get there.  Any suggestions?

1 comment: