Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Weigh-In - Week 8

Here we are again with yet another weigh in.  The weeks just seem to be going faster and faster.  Especially with the boys back in school and music classes in full swing.  I stepped on the scale this morning and this week I have lost ...
2 lbs

Very excited!!  That brings my grand total to 12 lbs.  I don't think I look very different physically yet but I must say I am feeling better already.  Which to me is the main thing anyway.  I had a doctor's appointment yesterday to renew some prescriptions and my doctor took my blood pressure.  He said it was the best it has been in a couple of years, and he seemed happy with my progress so far.  I'm really hoping as I continue to lose weight I'll be able to come off the blood pressure medication all together!

As I promised myself last week for losing 10 pounds I went out and purchased a new top.
Okay maybe I purchased this top, another top, a pair of jeans and a skirt!  Only 8 more pounds to go before another reward.  Still need to think about what it is going to be.

Tried a new crockpot recipe last night which was really good.  For 1 cup of soup it is only 3 points in the Weight Watchers program.  I'll be making this soup again.

CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP

3                  Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, diced
1 cup           Chopped onion
1 1/3 cups   Thinly sliced carrot
1/2 cup        Diced celery
2 cups         Diced potato
1 tbsp          Chicken bouillon powder
1 tsp            Salt
1/4 tsp         Pepper
1/4 tsp         Ground thyme
4 cups         Water

Liquid gravy browner, to color slightly (optional) - I didn't have any so I didn't bother.

Place first 11 ingredients in 5 quart slow cooker.  Stir. Cover.  Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.  (My crockpot seems to cook quicker so I cooked mine on low for 5 - 6 hours). 

Add gravy browner just before serving.  Taste for salt and pepper, adding more if needed.  Makes 8 cups.

Anybody have a good healthy (low sodium) substitute for chips?  I've got a chip craving going on!!  I hope you'll see less of me next Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment