Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Music Store

At the end of lessons each June I give my students a summer practice chart to take home and fill in.  For each 15 minutes they practice throughout the summer they earn 1 penny.  In September when they return to lessons they are able to purchase items from my music store with the pennies they've earned.

My students are always very excited about this and look forward to it when they come back in September. 
Last year I had been horrible about giving Ashton his weekly lesson.  So this year I have given him his permanent spot and he has been doing really well and even practising.  Since I didn't give him a summer chart I've given him a chance to earn some pennies this week if he does alot of practising.

This has been a great tool for me to help my students stay interested in playing during the summer.  I had one student who filled his chart completely and started a new row.  He came to his first lesson like he'd been here the week before.  I'll be sure to keep up this tradition - it's definitely a favorite amongst the kids!

1 comment: