Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, January 27, 2012

Can You Not Find My Child?

After an overwhelming week - which I talked about earlier today - the rest of the day has been adding to my stress level.  Around 9:00 a.m. this morning I started to notice an electrical smell coming from somewhere.  I unplugged everything I could think of.  The computer, Wii, kitchen aid, etc.  Then I opened up windows to try and air out the room so I could diagnose where the smell was coming from.  With some detective work, equal to Sherlock Homes, I concluded the smell was coming from the fridge!

Aaarrrgg!  Not quite sure what the problem is, but as soon as Jason gets home we'll need to get a repair man in here (who will charge us a small fortune, I'm sure) to try and repair the fridge.  So now to add to all the other messes in the house at the moment I need to clean out the fridge.  The smell is also starting to get to me - I feel a bit nauseous and am getting a headache.  Jason promises me it is not toxic.  I hope he is right!

Then at about 1:00 p.m. I get a call from the boys' school.

School Office - "Hi, Mrs. Atwood - I'm calling about Bowen ..."

Me - "Yes"

School Office - "So Bowen is home from school today?"

Me - "No - he's at school."

School Office - "Oh, was he late?"

Me - "No - I sent him on the bus!

School Office - silence

Me - "Can you not find my child!!"

School Office - "Oh, I'm sure it is just a mistake, I'll go down to the kindergarten room and check."

She puts me on hold for what seemed like FOREVER, while I prayed like a crazy woman that my child wasn't missing.  I imagined myself as one of those parents on TV crying "I swear I put him on the bus!"  She finally comes back to the phone.

School Office - "I'm sorry to bother you.  Bowen is in class.  They sent down the wrong card, another little boy is not in class today."

Me - "That was scary - I'm glad he's in class." (What I was thinking - BOTHER ME!  YOU ABOUT GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK).

I know I have mountains of things to do but I think I may just lay down for a bit and chant - Serenity now, Serenity now, Serenity now!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is awful. At leash SHE didn't seems concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lalainia! What a no good horrible day! I am happy that it wasn't Bowen who was missing and hopefully the other mother who gets the call know her child isn't at school! One good thing, at least the school is concerned when kids don't make it school.

    ReplyDelete