Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, January 2, 2012

The Good Ole Days

One of my goals for 2012 is to get my photo albums up to date.  Since I got married I've been really good about developing our photos and putting them in albums.  About 4 years ago we bought a digital camera, shortly after moving into our house.  I have pictures in my album from our first Christmas here when Ashton was almost 4 and Bowen was almost 2.  Since that time I have not printed off one picture. 





Last pictures in my photo album - look how tiny the boys are!
 It bothers me alot.  I have all our pictures on the computer, but there is just something about flipping through a photo album.  A few days before Christmas I noticed I still had some free pictures available through Walmart so I ordered a bunch of pictures to be printed.  I'm excited I've finally started and within a few months I should be caught up and will have many albums filled.

There is one thing I missed however.  Do you remember when you took pictures with film, and you dropped it off to be developed, how exciting it was to get your pictures back?  You were never quite sure what you were going to get.  It was a great surprise everytime.  As I went to pick up my pictures last week there was a complete lack of excitement.  I knew what every picture was going to look like before I got them. 

The new technology is great in so many ways - but I miss "the good ole days"!

2 comments:

  1. I do miss that little surprise but am very grateful for digital every time my kids get ahold of my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely. I miss having film. I had that camera for so long, when both my girls said, mom, get a digital camera. Well I didn't , but Janelle got me one for christmas a while back. Trouble is finding sales to get them developed. I took in 3 cards full and had done, but still have 2 more. I agree with you, I love them in a photo album. I have been doing the same. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete