Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, January 27, 2012

Surprises from Claire

When we first moved to Douglas Glen I had a visiting teacher named Claire.  She was a fabulous visiting teacher.  She has offered assistance whenever we needed it.  She is very loving and kind.  She would bring me little gifts for every holiday.  I've received mugs, note pads, socks, pencils, erasers, candy etc. for every holiday imaginable.  She would also bring over recycling that she thought the boys could make crafts with.  Inside the bag of recycling she'd hide little gifts for the boys as well.

About two years ago they changed my visiting teachers, I love my new visiting teachers as well, but I miss Claire.  However, that hasn't stopped her from bringing over her recycling for the boys with their little surprises inside. 

It had been a few months since we had received such a drop off, until the other morning when Jason was leaving for work he noticed two huge bags of recycling on our front step.  Ashton quickly got to work and has already made skis out of two long pieces of styrofoam.  After searching through the bags they also discovered their little presents.  They each got a chocolate santa, and a Mix and Match Sticker book.

After school yesterday the boys spent a couple of hours playing with their sticker books.

Thanks Claire for loving our family, and for being the best example of what visiting teaching is all about! 

We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. i have fond memories of her holiday socks. I was always so jealous.

    ReplyDelete