Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Weigh In - Week 2 & Random Ramblings

So good news!  Most of the chocolate that was in my house last week is now gone.  The bad news!  When I weighed this morning I gained ...
1 lb
Whoops!  I really need to get my act together.  I need to start writing things down again.  I do so much better when I do that.  I don't have any excuses.  I just didn't do what I need to.  I'm going to forget about it and move on.  It is a new weightloss week and this week I will do better.  I'll be back next week with better news!

So I had a moment in Walmart this week.  Wednesday was Jason's birthday so I was standing in Walmart in the card aisle picking out a card for the boys to give their Dad.  As I was looking at all the cards meant for children to give to their fathers it suddenly occured to me that I would never be able to pick out a card for my Dad ever again - and I started to cry - in the middle of WALMART!  I felt like such an idiot.  I quickly got my act together and I don't think anybody saw me.  Grief is a funny thing.  Somethings that you are sure will trigger an emotional response won't and other little things can bring up feelings you thought were under control.  I still have lots of times that I'll have tears over my loved ones that I've lost.  I think crying is cathartic though.  I always feel better after a good cry.

The other day Bowen was talking to his Dad about his lego and I overheard him say:

"The connectors deconnected one time, but I reconnected them."  Not exactly proper English, but pretty clever all the same. 

Wow, I really did ramble today.  I'm off to make myself something healthy for breakfast - and to write it down!  Til next Friday - you will see less of me!

2 comments:

  1. I seem to be learning over and over this last year that you really have no idea what anyone is going through, what news they just received good or bad. So cry all you want at Wal-Mart you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Lainie......I cry when I think I will never get another case of diet coke from my brother and the teasing fun time we had together over Basketball. I still watch the games and talk to my brother, telling him he is going to lose the game tonight. It helps me. It feels better to cry and get it all out.......Stay warm and good luck with the diet. You will do it......

    ReplyDelete