Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Looking At the Positive

So last week we noticed a horrible electrical burning smell coming from our fridge.  For safety sake we had to shut it off and called a repairman who of course was not able to come until after the weekend.  I unloaded the contents of the fridge into our camping coolers and put them in the garage.

Yesterday the fix-it guy came.  At first he thought the compressor had broken, which would have meant it would not have been worth fixing and we would have been faced with purchasing a new fridge - not an expense we need at the moment.  It turned out it was a less expensive problem, worth fixing.  Yippee!!  Of course, it was still close to $300.00, but much more manageable.

As luck would have it we are having this ridiculously warm weather for January.  Most of the food in the coolers did okay, but I did have to throw away a few things that just got too warm.

I am trying to look at the positive though.  One good thing to come out of this inconvenience was it forced me to clean out the fridge.  A much needed and overdue project.  I must say it looks and smells beautiful.  It really doesn't take much to make me happy!!

1 comment: