Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sarah Richardson and Sticky Toffee Pudding

The Home Expo was at the BMO Centre at the Saddledome today so we decided to check it out.  We told the boys this morning our plans - Bowen cried and ran to his room!  Oh, brother!  I have so many plans for our home.  Someday plans - when we can afford it plans.  But it is fun to dream.  It was a good expo.  We checked out roofing ideas, hardwood flooring, tiles, hot tubs, etc.  Ty and Dane decided to meet us there and we had a fun afternoon together.


The kids kept rubbing their balloons on their hair to make their hair stand on end.  Bowen kept saying it was making his hair "ecstatic"!

One of my design idols is Sarah Richardson.  I watch all her shows - Design Inc., Sarah 101, Sarah's House, etc.  So I was excited that she was going to be at the expo today.  Her show was at 1:30 p.m.  About 1:00 p.m. we were all getting tired of walking around so we went to her stage and the seats were already filling up so we got ourselves a seat.


TV really does add 10 pounds - she's skinny!  But just as personable, knowledgeable and fun in person as she is on TV.  I enjoyed her presentation.  She answered some questions before her presentation - Jason kept bugging me to ask her what colour of hardwood we should put down with our cherry trim and banister.  I didn't want to ask because I know she'd tell me to paint my trim white and I don't want too!  I always love her design.  She is brillant at putting fabrics together and her designs always have a fresh, clean look.



After the Home show we were all hungry so we decided to have an early supper and headed to  ABC Restaurant.  Jason had a pulled pork sandwich, I had chicken fingers and fries, Bowen had a grilled cheese sandwich and Ashton had a waffle.  We spoiled ourselves and had dessert.  We had a Sticky Toffee Pudding.  It was soooooo good!  It was so good it almost deserved its own blog post.  It definitely needed to be memorialized.


Bowen was being a "pill" today.

I really enjoy outings with my family.  I know it wasn't exactly what the boys wanted to do - but they were good about letting mom enjoy it and weren't too much of a pain (actually they weren't a pain at all!)  Now to figure out how to layer some fabrics and textures in my living room, it is feeling a bit blah!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should start googling recipes and expermenting so you can share:) That does look super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sarah Richardson too! I love what these design guru's can do with any kind of fabric, paint and accessories! I am glad you guys had a good time, and I am so happy you have a husband and children who will LET you go to these things and who WANT to go with you!!

    ReplyDelete