Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Look Who Had a Birthday!

My handsome, wonderful, loving husband had a birthday yesterday.  He turned 38!  We had a low key birthday celebration for him.  With Jason's birthday being so close to Christmas he always seems to have a low key celebration.  One of these years I need to plan something big for him - he deserves it.  Maybe for his 40th!!  (sshhh, don't tell him we'll keep it a secret).

Unfortunately Jason has a horrible cold and was feeling miserable.  He made it through half a day of work and when I got home from taking Bowen to the bus stop he was sleeping on the couch.  He decided he felt well enough to go for lunch.  We ran to what is becoming our regular - ABC Restaurant - and enjoyed a nice lunch together.

After lunch and a couple of errands, we picked up the kids and headed home.  I taught piano from 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.  It was a short night for me as my last two students had cancelled.  We had decided before though that we would have a late supper just the two of us after we put the kids to bed.  So after feeding the boys Jason opened presents.  It was meager - but Jason is easy to please and really didn't expect much. 

I apologize in advance for the overload of pictures - I am LOVING my new camera.

Bowen being his regular annoying little self!


I'm not even sure how it started, but after wrestling it was time for cake!  We usually buy Jason an ice cream cake from DQ every year - but I asked the kids if we should make Dad a regular cake this year that they could help me decorate.  Nope!  They wanted to stay with tradition and get a DQ cake - I felt ridiculous picking up a cake in -34 weather.  The freezer downstairs is a bit full (I need to clean it out), so we've just been keeping it in the garage - sad!


After we put the kids to bed I prepared dinner for Jason and I.  Jason had requested steak and was willing to brave the cold to barbecue them.

We had a delicious dinner of a citrus and crab appetizer, steak, baked potatoes, carrots, beans, and roasted garlic bread.
YUM!!

I sure hope even though Jason was feeling miserable that he had a great birthday.  The boys and I love you so much and are grateful for all you do for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Dinner looks awesome. I love our square plates. That is funny you picking up a ice cream cake when it is so cold:)

    ReplyDelete