Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, September 17, 2012

Harvest Time

It was harvest time at the Atwood's this weekend.  Jason was called into the temple to work on Saturday so the boys and I decided to tackle the crabapple tree and start picking apples. 


Both the boys were a big help.  Bowen picked about 3/4 quarters full of a icecream bucket using a step stool.

He couldn't quite reach this branch though ...


Ashton revamped his dad's crabapple picking contraption and he was able to get about 1/2 a bucket full off some higher branches.

I went as high as I dared and then Jason helped pick some more off the higher branches when he got home from work.






Now to start juicing and making jelly!



2 comments:

  1. That looks so good. I love crabapple juice and jelly. You have a wonderful tree. ENjoy all those little apples. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete