Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, September 3, 2012

Mini-Break

Jason surprised me with a little mini-break this weekend.  Keeping it a surprise he asked my mom to come up and babysit the boys while he took me out for dinner.  She came about 4:30 p.m. and he whisked me away.  We went to the Olive Garden - the wait was over an hour but totally worth it.  I love the salad, breadsticks and raspberry lemonade.  I ordered a lobster canneloni that was delicious!  We had a really nice time - even the wait for an hour was relaxing.  We sat, talked and enjoyed each others company.

Then it was time to head home.  We stopped at Sobeys for a treat and then Jason drove the opposite direction of home.  I was a little confused until he drove into the parking lot of a hotel.  He had booked us a room with a jacuzzi hot tub for the night.  Such a nice surprise.  I love my boys to pieces but after an entire summer with just the three of us most of the time (I have a new appreciation for single moms) I was in need of some rest and relaxation.

Thanks so much to my mom for being willing to come up and babysit our boys.  They even got a special treat and went out to dinner with grandma.  My hubby spoils me and I am so grateful for him.  I love that husband of mine!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you blogged about it. We asked your mom to come to the zoo but she said there was a surprise for you. Sounds like a much needed break.

    ReplyDelete