Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Home Alone

Can't believe the boys are back to school already.  The summer went so fast!  Today is bittersweet for me.  With Ashton in Grade 3 and Bowen in Grade 1 they are both in school all day.  How did this happen?  I haven't quite wrapped my head around it.  I'm not quite ready to not have preschoolers at home.  I know it certainly wasn't our plan to only have 2 kids, but I know I need to trust what Heavenly Father's plan is for our family.  Wow - that got kinda heavy didn't it!!  But I really am excited for them to grow up.  Each stage is so fun.  I love watching the sweet young men they are becoming.  Both boys were nervous this morning, but excited too I think.



The boys took the bus, and then I met them at the school to help them find their teachers.




We found Ashton's teacher first and I felt bad I had to leave him, but I needed to go and find Bowen's teacher.  Ashton said he was fine but I could tell he was nervous.



Bowen and I then went and found his class.  While we were waiting to go into the school I glanced over at Ashton to see how he was doing.  I was relieved to see that he seemed happy and was having fun talking to some of the boys in his class.





When it was time to go into the school I followed Bowen to his class.  He knew the drill - he hung up his backpack and jacket and put on his indoor shoes.





Then it was time for me to go.  I hope they have a great day!


5 comments:

  1. It was only last year that I was waiting for my residency to come through and I had the whole day free to do what I want. Now I barely have time to shower and get dressed sometimes. What are you going to do with all of your free time? Any new hobbies you want to try? Or will you just focus on getting those work-outs in, and making healthy dinners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Mindy - the projects I have in mind. My entire house needs a good overhaul and it will probably take me the whole year to do it! I do think the first week or so I'm going to do nothing however!!

      Delete
  2. Im looking forward to being able to havr a whole day to cook, clean, run errands and actually relax for a bit. Take a month to relax and read. Im taking my 10 minites now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im looking forward to being able to havr a whole day to cook, clean, run errands and actually relax for a bit. Take a month to relax and read. Im taking my 10 minites now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also took the first day to just read a book I have been wanting to. Then I am going to dive deep and clean my house. Good luck with your projects. You will be busy with piano soon also.

    ReplyDelete