Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, January 23, 2016

Book Club & 600th Blog Post Contest

I love to read but it is hard to make the time which is why I love belonging to a book club.  It makes me make reading a priority at least to read one book per month.  My book club started last February. I can't believe it has almost been a year already.

February 2015 we read "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed
- I liked the book by the end.  I appreciated the main character's personal development and was an interesting adventure story.  The language was a bit rough.

March 2015 we read "Secret Daughter" by Shilipi Somaya Gowda
- Loved this book.  Definitely a page turner for me.  Kept my interest from beginning to end.

April 2015 we read "A Paris Apartment" by Michelle Gable
- Good book.  Enjoyed the fact it was based on true events.

May 2015 we read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn
- Also a book with some rough language, but an interesting storyline and I enjoy books with twists I don't anticipate.

June 2015 we read "My Story" by Elizabeth Smart
- I enjoyed this book.  Elizabeth Smart is an amazing young woman and even though it was difficult to read the things she had to endure it has a beautiful message or endurance, faith and love.

July - no meeting

August 2015 we read "Confections of a Closet Master Baker" by Gesine Bullock-Prado
- I had trouble getting into this book, but was a fairly enjoyable read.  I was very fun that we met at the Cheesecake Cafe for this meeting.  

September 2015 we read "Wonder" by R.J. Palacios
- This is a wonderful book.  Written for middle graders, it is a great book for kids and adults alike.  Great story of tolerance and respect.

October 2015 we read "Alternate Beauty" by Andrea Rain Waggoner
- Enjoyed this book.  Brought up quite a few passionate thoughts for me and was one of our most animated discussions as a group.

November 2015 we read a book by author Martine Leavitt.  Martine was then able to attend our bookclub meeting.  It was wonderful to have her come and answer our many questions.  Martine is the mom of one of our bookclub members.

We been on a hiatus during the Christmas season and I'm excited to start up again next Saturday.  We have such a great group of ladies that meet and I'm been enjoying their association and the books so much.  Hope we have another great bookclub year!


So today's blog post is my ...

600th BLOG POST

To celebrate I'm having a little contest.  

To enter either comment on this blog post, or on the facebook link.  You have until Sunday at Midnight to enter.  The winner will be announced on Monday morning.  

The winner will receive 2 dozen homemade buns, a Guacamole Dip Mix from Epicure, and a anti-bacterial soap from Bath & Body Works.  Be sure to enter.  Good Luck!


11 comments:

  1. Yay for book group! And homemade buns?? Yummy! If I win, can we take them to book group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!!!! I love the books you read you for book club, a great variety!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the book ideas. I'm always looking for new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put my name in the contest. Love your blog! Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like lots of fun!! I need to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commented on FB, but thought I had better do it again, so I can win some delicious buns. Love your blog Lainie, and thanks for the names of some good books. Sounds like you had fun at Sheri's tonight. xoxo Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha I was too busy cooking and cleaning to comment by midnight. so glad your family visited my little Christmas holdout. I'm glad we have bookclub as well. See you next Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Lalainia 600 hundred posts!!! Thanks for the suggestions for some good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post said, winner picked Sun. night, and posted Monday morning.......Guess I lost again..........

    ReplyDelete