Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, January 14, 2016

December & Christmas Eve 2015

December snuck up on me this year, but we managed to get ready for Christmas.  We decided this year that as a family we would be secret santas for another family.  We let the boys pick a family and then starting December 13th we dropped off something for them at their house each night..  The boys had so much fun dropping off the gift, quickly ringing the doorbell and then running away before they got caught.  They did a really good job being sneaky.  It was very fun and helped us all get in the Christmas spirit.

Other December fun was the Stake Music Festival.  Ward choirs were not involved this year so I didn't perform but both the boys sang in the stake primary choir.  They committed to going to an hour practice for 8 Saturdays prior to the performance.  I was very proud of them and the choir sang beautifully.  Although they probably wouldn't admit it I think they enjoyed it.

We also attended Ashton's band concert.  He is playing the trumpet this year.  I couldn't believe how improved they were from last year.  It was also great that Grandma was able to attend both of these performances with us.

My visiting teaching partner Shelley and I held our annual brunch for the sisters we visit.  One sister was unable to attend but the rest of us enjoyed waffles with all the toppings, bacon and banana bread.

The next day I held my Christmas Recital with my music students.  All but 2 of my students were able to come.  We started by playing some music games, and then the students played the pieces they had prepared for each other. They all did a great job.  Afterwards I fed them snacks and they watched Mr. Bean's Christmas Special.  (I have pictures but my one camera is having issues downloading pictures - you could look at last years post the pictures were probably almost identical - ha ha).

We were blessed to have my mom spend Christmas with us this year.  She came up on Christmas Eve.  We had our traditional Christmas Eve fondue.  Soooo delicious!  We had oil with tempura shrimp, crab and steak bites; cheese with sour dough bread and mushrooms; and chocolate with fruit. The boys love this tradition.  



After dinner the kids opened their Christmas Eve presents.







Before heading to bed we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "The Nativity Story".  Milk and cookies were left out for Santa.  Their stockings laid out in front of the tree and then excited kids were quickly off to bed.

1 comment: