Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, January 18, 2016

Christmas Day 2015

Still slowing trying to get my blog up to date.  Christmas was relaxing and fun at our house.  My mom had joined us which was wonderful and the kids loved having her.  Christmas morning started with Ashton throwing up all over his bed around midnight before Jason and I were even able to get to bed.  My saint of a husband took care of the mess and Ashton was back into bed with no further incident.

At 8 am I felt a little poke on my shoulder.  I looked up and it was Bowen saying it was 8 am and could we all please get up.  I couldn't believe everyone had slept so late.  I guess Bowen had been up for a while but was hanging out in his room til he thought it was safe to ask.  We got everyone up and headed downstairs.  Cadence didn't quite know what was going on but enjoyed opening her presents. We all got spoiled and loved everything we got.





The boys favorite gifts - Ashton got a metal detector, and Bowen got a 3DS.  They were both excited.  My favorite gift was an abstract painting that my very talented husband painted for me.  I love abstracts and Jason had never attempted one before.  I think it turned out awesome.  We've hung it in our family room.  The colours are perfect! (Sorry the picture has a bit of a glare.)


Then the kids got to work playing and putting lego together while I prepared dinner.



Later we had a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings.


I was telling my mom I appreciate all the work she did when I was a kid to make Christmas special.  It's a lot of work for moms, but I love every minute of it.  My dad was close to my heart this Christmas too.  He loved Christmas and a lot of my traditions are carried on from him.  My only complaint is the season comes and goes far too quickly.  Til next year!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is such a special time!!!! Jared has carried on a lot of your dads traditions too....like chocolate and candy and sweets spread out all over the table first thing Christmas morning!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete