Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, December 19, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

Saturday was our Ward Christmas Party.  I had a busy day - watching little Dane, roasting 20 lbs of potatoes for the Party, and starting preparations for my student recital on Sunday.  After Dane was picked up we headed to the church to help get the party ready.  We had a lovely turkey dinner and then a short program. 

I was incharge of the primary nativity.  We started with the nursery children singing "Once There Was a Snowman" - adorable!!  Then we had some of the children dressed as the nativity on the stage with the rest of the primary kids as the chorus.  Two of the older boys read narration from the scriptures of the Christmas Story and the children sang songs.







My family sang "Away in a Manger".  I'm not sure how keen they were but I thought we did a great job.  It was fun to sing with my little family.  I was so proud of them!


We did some carol singing, and I played for our choir to sing two numbers.  Of course, no party would be complete without a visit from Santa.  It was a fun evening and a nice meal.

2 comments:

  1. I am bummed I missed it. I never miss Christmas parties, especially when the food is going to be so good. It always is in this ward.

    Errrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason looks thrilled to be sitting there:)

    ReplyDelete