Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Primary Christmas Activity

Yesterday we had a Christmas Party for the Primary children in the ward.  We had the kids come to the church from 9:30 - 11 a.m.   We started by making 3 different crafts.

They painted a little tree ornament ...

Made a nativity scene out of popsicle sticks, buttons and wooden cut outs ...
and made a reindeer candy cane ...


We sang carols and played a couple of games.  I had wrapped a chocolate santa in layers of wrapping paper and the kids took turns trying to rip the paper off while wearing mittens.

The relay race was a huge hit!  Before running to the end of the gym and back each child first had to put on a hat, scarf and gloves.  It was pretty fun to watch!


Then we had a visit from Santa (my hubby) who shared the "True Meaning of Christmas" to the children.  Explaining what all the symbols of Christmas really mean.

As the theme this year in Primary was "I Know the Scriptures are True" we as a primary have been making a scripture chain.  Each week if the children have read their scriptures they could add their name to a paper chain.  We put the chain up on the wall and took a picture of the children under it.  I'm going to send it into the Children's Friend magazine to see if we can get it included.  It would be fun for the kids to see themselves in the magazine. 

We finished up with hot chocolate and cookies.  I think the kids had lots of fun and learned something too.  One more thing to check off my list that is completed this Christmas season! I'm sure grateful to my family and great counsellors who helped me so much.  I couldn't do anything without them!


2 comments:

  1. That is a neat idea about the scripture chain. I love the simple nativity with sticks and buttons. I will probably copy you on that if my kids need an activity. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an example to everyone Lainie. With your busy schedule, 2 small boys, a hubby in the bishopric, teaching lessons, and to do a big party. I just marvel at everything you do. What an example you are to those in your ward. Love you , Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete