Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tis the Season

I had planned on having my house completely decorated for Christmas before December this year.  That was the plan - it didn't happen.  I started off good, it wasn't even the end of December and the boys set up their Christmas tree in the family room.  I put on the advent stockings and hung the Santa clothes garland, then the boys put on the rest of the decorations however they wanted.  It is always such a cute little tree and the boys love it.

Getting a decent picture of these two is proving more and more difficult!
It was about two weeks later before I was able to get the rest of the decorations up.  I gave myself a deadline as I wanted it done before I had my VT luncheon on December 9th.  So late for me, but we've been crazy busy - so it is what it is!

I did a few things differently this year - I added class ball ornaments to the top of the hutch.  I think next year I'll get a string of lights to go up there as well.


I changed what I put on the shelf in the dining room - I love how the tins look!




Jason and Ashton surprised me with lights on the staircase.  They were busy decorating while I was teaching.


I think this is my favorite vignette in the house - it's the first thing you see when you walk in!
I love Christmas and the house feels warm and cozy.  Now to finish shopping and baking and I'll be all ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I like the lights on the banister. I think I am almost done then I remember something. Mostly I have been forgetting stockings this year. I guess we will see what is accomplished Christmas morning:)

    ReplyDelete