Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Staff Christmas Party

Jason's work had a children's christmas party this past Saturday at the zoo.  The kids had a great time.  We arrived at 1:00 p.m. and the kids were presented with a colouring/activity book and a bag full of goodies.  They served a lunch of pizza, chicken nuggets, veggies with dip and squares and cookies.  The kids weren't interested in eating and got to work decorating gingerbread men and colouring instead.

Ashton was very proud of his "gingie" and still hasn't eaten him!
After crafts, lunch and a little play about penquins the kids got a visit from Santa.

They also received a gift.  Bowen got a magnetic dart board, and Ashton got lego.  I was pretty worried about Bowen's reaction to his present since his brother got LEGO! 

He didn't disappoint!

I really try to teach my children to be gracious about gifts they are given - nothing bugs me more than a "bad" gift receiver.  I was actually quite proud of him he was pretty good about it, and lets face it he did get a way worse gift than Ashton. 

 He's actually played with it quite a bit since then and hasn't complained once.


We were babysitting our little nephew Dane that day and brought him with us to the party.  Ashton was very concerned that he wouldn't be getting a gift from Santa since he's not a child of someone who works at Aurum - so the night before Bowen gave up a car and Ashton wrapped it to give to Dane at the party.
I thought that was very thoughtful of the both of them.

I think Dane liked his new car!


Of course we couldn't leave without seeing a few animals.  We visited the hippos, giraffes, zebras, and the lions.  It was a fun family outing.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You always have great work parties. That was really good of your boys to give Dane something. Are the penguins there yet or is that Jan?

    ReplyDelete