Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Update

Well I'm finally getting around to blogging about Christmas.  We had a great break.  Jason was off work from December 24th and went back to work today.  I didn't have students either, and the boys were off school.  It was so nice for our family to have some time together.  With Jason being so busy this summer working at the temple, it was really his first break in over a year.

In addition to the boys stocking advent on their Christmas tree we also did a nativity advent.  I bought a new nativity set and wrapped each piece separately and put it under the tree.  There were 12 pieces, so for the 12 days before Christmas each night we'd read a little poem and read a scripture and then open one of the pieces of the nativity.  The boys enjoyed it and it helped us remember the true meaning of Christmas.





We spent a low key Christmas Eve at home. The boys opened their Christmas Eve pajamas and one gift. Ashton was very excited to get Oiler's pajama bottoms - to his father's horror Bowen is a Flames fan so we didn't get him a pair.


After leaving out cookies and milk for santa the boys attempted to go to sleep. It was after 11:00 p.m. before they finally drifted off. Ashton was awake by 3:30 a.m. but did manage to sleep a little before he went and woke up Bowen and they played in Bowen's room until 7:00 a.m.
It was fun to watch the boys Christmas morning. They were happy with all their gifts and after everything was opened the lego building began.
I tried out my new babycakes machine and made some muffins for breakfast.
We had a great Christmas morning. Stay tuned for more holiday updates!

3 comments:

  1. That is funny that Bowen is a Flames fan:) Blake wanted that same technic but we cheaped out and got the technic 4-wheeler. He was still happy. I have seen those babycakes. They look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nativity idea. I will have to steal it for next Christmas. What a great way to focus on the reason why we celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my morning. I'm so happy you can put pictures on again. We really had a good holiday. I love being around my family!!!!

    ReplyDelete