Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In

I watched Biggest Loser this week.  I watched it while I ate chips and dip!  I watched their first workout where people passed out and threw up - alot!  I felt smug that at least I didn't weigh as much as the contestants.  And then I watched as they weighed in and lost 9 lbs, 19 pounds, 26 pounds in one week.  And then it hit me, I've watched this show every season and all the contestants throughout the course of the show get smaller than me and I sit on my couch watching staying the same - or worse yet, getting bigger.  It really is time I did this too!  I want to be healthier, to feel better, be able to keep up with my kids, to be a good example.

In the past my best success has been when I consistently blogged weekly about my weightloss - so I am going back to that formula.  Reporting the good, the bad, and the ugly.  So I dragged my tired, heavy, post Christmas body downstairs this morning and weighed.  I've recorded that weight and my plan is to never see that number - or anything higher - ever again.

I plan to dust off my runners and treadmill, to eat healthy, drink lots of water and overall get my act together.  I'll be back next Wednesday to report my success.  Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Totally wish you luck. I feel the same. This has got to be the year. I don't want to start 2014 sayin 'oh I should lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in it with you!!! Lets make this the year and like Char said 2014 shouldn't be the year we say we want to lose weight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete