Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, January 17, 2013

Skating Debuts

We finally took the boys skating the other day.  They have never been and we don't have skates for them.  So I found a store not too far away that rents skates for the day.  So we headed over and rented skates for the boys.  I DON'T SKATE - haven't since I was about 13 years old.  Jason says he doesn't skate very well either, but we'd really like the boys to be able to do it.

Bowen did the "Bowen shuffle", but he stayed upright.  I was impressed - I know I'd be on my butt if I had skates on.  I apologize for the video, I wasn't thinking and turned the camera, so part way through you'll need to tilt your head.  Sorry!


Ashton did really well for his first time.  He was just fearless about it and really enjoyed it.  We definitely need to consider getting them their own skates so we can take them more often.




Hopefully in no time at all we'll have some skating pros on our hands!!

1 comment:

  1. Bowen skates like Blake. We hardly go either, probably because free days in the winter are spent at Castle instead. We got the kids skates at the second hand store for between 5 and 10 dollars. That worked great for how often we go. Ashton did really great.

    ReplyDelete