Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bus Drama

This year Ashton has the best bus driver.  She is always very prompt and leaves exactly at 7:55 a.m. from the bus stop.  Monday when we had this horrible snow storm she was 15 minutes late - not so bad.  I was grateful she had made it.  Tuesday we were at the bus stop by 7:47 a.m.  We waited and waited and waited - no bus.  At 8:15 a.m. my girlfriend Shelley drove by and stopped and asked if I wanted her to take Ashton to the school - YES!!  She was attending a field trip with her daughter and was driving to the school anyway.  What a relief.  I didn't have to drive over to the school.  I found out later from another friend that the bus actually didn't arrive at our stop until 8:50 a.m.  Those poor kids were waiting an hour.

Today - the weather is still terrible, so I wasn't rushing the kids to get ready.  Thinking we had lots of time.  Well I pull up to the bus stop at 7:55 a.m. - and the bus DROVE AWAY!  Ashton and I jumped out and were chasing after her.  When we saw that was to no avail we jumped back into the truck and drove to the next stop hoping we could catch her.  I pulled up right in front of the bus so she wouldn't drive away and luckily got Ashton on the bus.  That's alot of drama before 8:00 a.m.!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like getting the blood rushing early. I can't believe she wouldn't call or something making kids wait for an hour.

    ReplyDelete