Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Calling

I received a new calling at church on Sunday.  I'm now the Primary President.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but mostly excited to be back working with the great kids in our ward.  About 6 months ago I was released from being the Primary Chorister to work in the Young Women's.  I am really grateful I had that opportunity as I really got to know the girls.  I hadn't known them very well before but now feel I've made relationships with them.  I will miss them.  They gave me the sweetest card.  I gave them each a little bag of jelly beans with the note - It's "bean" great!  I will miss being in Young Womens.  I will really try and keep up with them and how they are doing.

Some great women have agreed to be my counsellors - Rita Wilde, Robyn Ausmus and Rosa Conrad will be our secretary.  I'm excited to get to know all of these women better.  As the Primary Chorister has just recently moved I was asked to fill in and do singing time for the children on Sunday.  I decided I would take some fresh flowers and write songs on each one and have the children take turns picking a flower and putting them into a vase and then we would sing the song.  After singing time I had the oldest 4 children come up and divide up the bouquet and present it to the outgoing presidency.  A few tears were shed.  It is always hard to leave a calling, and these women really love the children.  As I was sharing some thoughts I looked down at Bowen who was upset and crying.  I asked him later what was the matter and he said he was sad the leaders were leaving.  So sweet.  I hope I'll be able to do a good job and help these sweet kids know their Heavenly Father loves them.


Do you let your kids have halloween candy for breakfast?  This is how I found my boys when I got up yesterday morning.

This morning after Bowen and I had dropped Ashton off at the school bus Bowen says to me "I'm going to have a piece of my halloween candy, if you don't mind".  How do you say no to that? 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation! Are you glad you got called right after the primary presentation? You will be good at this.

    ReplyDelete