Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend - Part I

I remember as a kid that halloween was one night when we carved pumpkins and dressed up and went to town with pillow cases and hit every house that had a light on.  Then we'd drive to Carmangay to trick or treat at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  When did Halloween turn into a 3 day event.  (Warning - this may be a very long blog with far too many pictures). 

It all started on Friday with the boys school parties.  Ashton took his vampire costume to school where they had an assembly in the afternoon.  I joined Bowen at preschool for his party.
All "Knighted" up to save the day!
The room was decorated so cute with lots of halloween centres for the kids to play.  Ghost bowling, Spider toss, Witches Brew, Pin the Nose on the Witch, Potion Making, Bingo, decorating cookies (Bowen came back 3 times - I had to keep turning him away.  I'd only made enough for one cookie each) and a haunted play house, to name a few.  Bowen had so much fun and it was fun for me to see him interacting with his friends.
After school the boys and Jason got to work carving pumpkins. 

Bowen did not appreciate the smell or want to participate in any way in the digging out of the pumpkin "guts".

Ashton on the other hand dove right in and was the best at cleaning out his pumpkin.

But they both loved helping dad with the drill and the carving.

Jason actually did most of the work.  He loves Halloween and I think he enjoys it all more than the kids do.

The finished products - a traditional (with a bit of a twist), a skeleton head, and a storm trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment