Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, November 12, 2010

Chocolate Making

What a fun, but very long, day we had making chocolates on Thursday.  Mom, Rachel, Char,Amber and I got together at mom's house to dip chocolates for Christmas.  Mom had come to each of our houses and made the fondant (maple walnut, peppermint, cherry, vanilla, olympia cream, almond, and coconut) and collectively we had 17 batches to dip. 

First step to roll the fondant into balls.  I like this part the best.  Sitting around the table together - talking and laughing.  I think yesterday was one of the best chocolate dipping days we've had - at least for me.  Even with a spliting headache I had so much fun with everyone.
Added this picture of Rachel and I just because I think we look cute!
 Love Amber's pregnant belly with the powdered milk handprints

Taking a break from rolling we start dipping the chocolates.  I've always been horrible at this process and gave up a few years ago.  Decided to give it another chance this year.  Was quite proud of myself as the results were pretty good.  I think with a bit more practice I could maybe be okay at this.  Everyone took a turn at it and did awesome.  The pro is, and I think always will be, mom!
Not sure how many of Rachel's chocolates made it to the tray - just kidding Rachel!
We call mom "the chocolate nazi" for a couple of reasons, but the main one is for how she tests to see if the chocolate is tempered.  Check out the chocolate mustache!


The kids added the toppings.

Everyone is shocked I'm able to dip this year.

It's a dirty job, but..........


somebody's gotta do it!


Aren't they beautiful!


Some of the finished product.  So satisfying to have it done. 
Thanks girls for a fabulous day, and thanks to the husbands for watching the kids.  Although some of them sneaked in a little hockey too.

On our way home today from the farm I glanced over at Jason and noticed the odometer - a milestone?


Another year of chocolate making completed.  Til next year!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures - it looks like a fun day - I love that you caught the odometer at the end of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you guys made so many. Looks fun and yummy. I'm so glad when my mom makes chocolates for us to eat at Christmas. So much work but totally worth it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I fun day!! I am already excited for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! how on earth did find my blog? Thanks for commenting though because now I get to catch up on what you guys have been up to!
    I have fond memories of your family... and your mom's chocolates! What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete