Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Favorite Traditions

Mom came up to my place today so we could make fondant.  Every Christmas mom, my sister Rachel, sister in law Char, sister in law Amber and I all make chocolates together.  This year mom decided she wanted to teach us all to make the fondant so last week she want to Rachel's.  I guess she did a fabulous job setting the bar high for the rest of us.  Today was my turn.
Ingredients needed and Mom walking me through the first batch.

Beating the first batch.




Trying a batch out on my own.

Mom making sure the batch turned out okay "again"!
What Dad did while we were working.

What Bowen did while we were working

and this

The finished product - 2 batches of maple walnut, and 2 batches of cherry.  Now we will all get together next Thursday to roll and dip the chocolates.  Yum Yum!

Thanks for a great day mom!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!! You both look so good in the pictures! How did they turn out? You had to do the hard cherry ones, good for you!
    Love you and can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my today. I think I did ok. It was fun. See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete