Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Breathing a Sigh of Relief

Today at church was the primary sacrament meeting presentation.  As primary president it was my job to write the script for the kids and assign their parts to them.  We had spent the last two Sundays rehearsing.  The children did a wonderful job and I was so proud of them.  28 of our 31 children were present and they did their very best to speak clearly and sing their songs as loud as they could.  The little ones were adorable as usual.  Really the only glitch was when one of the sunbeams turned off the sound for the mic.  We quickly fixed it and his teacher kept a good eye on him the rest of the meeting.  We all got several comments about how good it was - so I think the congregation really enjoyed it.

For sharing time today I thought we all needed a bit of a break and a reward for working so hard on preparing the presentation.  So I brought a living scriptures animated movie "Journey to the Promised Land" for them to watch.  I had popcorn for them while they watched their movie and my counsellors had brought rice krispie squares.

On the way home from church today Ashton says to me "Mom, you know what I learned from the movie today?", I excitedly asked him what that was, thinking he had learned some profound gospel message.  He replied "I learned that Laman and Lemuel were jerks!"  I had to agree with him Laman and Lemuel were jerks.  It's been a busy and stressful week, but I'm now enjoying some downtime with my family.  I also must say I am so grateful for Jason and all his support for me.  He helps me out so much.  I know he would help me whether he was in the bishopric or not, but it is very convenient for the member of the bishopric incharge of primary to be my husband.  The gospel offers such wonderful opportunities for our children.   I Know the Scriptures are True!

1 comment:

  1. they certainly were jerks. I am glad that it all went well for you and that it is over.

    ReplyDelete