Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, October 17, 2011

Serene Sunday

Since I hosted Thanksgiving this year I had quite a bit of leftovers and have been looking for something to make with my turkey leftovers.  I found this Turkey Potpie recipe online and decided to try it yesterday for Sunday dinner.  It was really fast and easy to make and was really delicious.  I was a little worried that it didn't call for a homemade sauce, but Jason and I both really enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again.

TURKEY POTPIE
1 cup      sliced carrots
1 cup      finely chopped onion
1/2 cup   chopped celery
1/2 tsp    dried thyme
1/8 tsp    pepper
3 tbsps    butter or margarine
2 cups     cubed cooked turkey
1 tbsp      all-purpose flour
1 can       condensed mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup       frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained (I didn't cook them, just let them thaw)
1 Pastry for double-crust pie (I was lazy and bought tenderflake pre-made frozen pie shells)
1 tbsp      milk

In a skillet, saute carrots, onion, celery, thyme and pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender.  In a large resealable plastic bag, combine turkey and flour; shake to coat.  Add turkey, soup and green beans to the vegetable mixture; mix well.  Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust.  Add turkey mixture.  Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; seal and flute edges.  Cut slits in pastry.  Brush with milk.  Cover edges loosely with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 - 65 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve warm.


It was a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon after a busy morning at church preparing for our primary presentation this coming Sunday.  The boys stayed out of my hair all afternoon.  They played in the playroom, they played in their bedrooms.  They were dressed like this ...

I'm not exactly sure why!  At one point as Bowen was running by holding a bunch of toy money he yelled out - "I'm not a robber, I'm just rich!"   Whatever - they got along great, no fighting at all, and I loved hearing them play together.  I'm a lucky mom!!

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. I wish I was just rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the kids play together too, it is like music to the ears, and everything always seems to run much smoother! Lately Calum has been wanting to play pretend! Today I was Dad all day long, whenever I talked in my normal voice he would say, "No mom, you the dad!" So I would make my voice lower and answer him again and he would be happy. At one point he was Emry. When Emry got home they went outside to play and when he came in he was the baby, the horrible thing about that is he talks in a really high, headache causing voice! It is fun to see them play together and use their super duper imaginations!! Your turkey pot pie looks really good! I love it when Sunday's are quiet, ours was nice too this week, usually they seem super chaotic and way too loud!

    ReplyDelete