Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, October 10, 2011

Gobble Gobble

This week I bought a couple of new items for my fall decorating.  I found this great door wreath at Michael's.
I also upgraded my paper mache pumpkins with ceramic.
I spent the last few days putting up a few decorations, cleaning my house and baking in preparation for Sunday.  My whole family - mom, Dave, Char, Cora, Leah, Blake, Jared, Amber, Emry, Calum, Armin, Rachel, Liam and Jonas (we were only missing Jared) came for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday afternoon.  I was so happy that everyone was able and willing to come.  I enjoy hosting and it was fun for me to have everyone in our home.  We moved the living room furniture out of the way and added another table and made one long table that stretched the length of the dining/living room so we could all eat together.
Jason and Rachel helped me make place cards.

We feasted on turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, squash, and green beans. A family dinner would not be complete without mom's famous buns and Amber had brought a yummy layered jello salad.   We made crabapple sparkler from juice I'd made from crabapples off our tree.  So good!!

Bowen loved turkey this year.  He ate it plain, with gravy, and in a bun.  Dessert was delicious.  I had made pumpkin pies, peach pies, and Char made a fabulous pumpkin cake with caramel sauce.


My boys loving the pumpkin pie!!



I had such a great time and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.  The kids played great together and got along so well.  The weather was great and they were able to play outside alot.  Hopefully none of them got sick from all the crabapples they ate.  I took a few pictures and then of course my camera battery died.
Ashton with sweet baby Jonas
My beautiful mom - she is going to hate that this picture is such a close up!
Jared with little Armin
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. That picture of Jared's potatoes don't quite do it justice:) We had a fabulous time and nobody got sick from the apples. It was all super yummy and it was nice that you didn't have to travel this time, since you usually do. I married into an awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a wonderful time, and Lalainia, you are such a good cook, everything was absolutely delicious! I agree with Char, I too married into an awesome famiily! Thank you for such a great time!

    ReplyDelete