Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Weight-In - Week 11

I guess it was inevitable, but I'm still a bit bummed about it.  In my weigh in this morning I weighed ...

Exactly the same - 0 lbs gained or lost

So my grand total is still 13.5 pounds lost.  I'm not really surprised.  I went out for dinner a couple of times this week, as well as going to a movie.  I also found myself hungry and probably ate more than I should have.  I also bought a couple of boxes of mint chocolate girl guide cookies (my sweet little students were selling them - so not my fault!!)/  Actually they are not that bad - 2 cookies are 3 points on the weight watchers program. 

I'm nervous about the week coming up.  I need to try really hard to not let Thanksgiving sabotage me.  I'm having my family for dinner on Sunday so as long as I don't go crazy I can then get right back on program Monday morning. I also think we are going to take the kids swimming again on Monday.

I made a couple of easy recipes this week.

BEEF BARLEY SOUP

1 lb             Beef stew meat, diced small
1 1/4 cups   Sliced or chopped carrot
1 1/4 cups   Chopped onion
3/4 cup        Chopped celery
5 cups         Water
1 tsp            Parsley flakes
1/4 tsp         Pepper
1 tsp            Sugar
2 tbsp          Beef bouillion powder
1/2 cup        Pearl barley
2 x 7.5 oz    Tomato sauce

Place all 11 ingredients in 5 quart slow cooker.  Stir.  Cover.  Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.  Makes 10 1/4 cups.

This soup is really good.  Very filling and only 3 weight watcher points per cup.
Then I made a yummy ham dish.

SCALLOPED HAM MEAL

4               Medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 cup        Chopped onion
Salt, sprinkle
Pepper, sprinkle
2 cups       Frozen peas
2 lbs          Smoked ham, sliced 1/2 inch thick

10 oz        Condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup        Water

Put potato into slow cooker.  Scatter onion over top.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with peas.  Lay ham slices on top.

Stir soup and water together in bowl.  Pour over ham.  Cover.  Cook on Low for 8 - 9 hours or on High for 4 - 5 hours.  Serves 6.

This dinner isn't as good as my homemade scalloped potatoes with ham, but for a quick, easy dinner it was very tasty.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!  I know I will be giving thanks for everything I have with my family.  I will focus on enjoying the company of my family and focus less on the food. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment