Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, March 26, 2012

As Big As His Head

Last week I got a little note sent home from Bowen's kindergarten teacher.  I guess she had a deal with him that if he knew all his kindergarten must know words she would buy him a slurpee.  The second list had come home and he didn't struggle at all - he is becoming quite the good little reader.  He had read all the little words to his teacher - so true to her word she had sent home a coupon for a slurpee.

This past Friday I took the boys to the school for their student-led conferences.  I had told them that if they waited patiently and quietly for each other while I was in with their brother at the conferences that we would stop for slurpees after and Bowen would be able to use his coupon.

They both had great conferences and they were so good about waiting for each other.  So true to my word we stopped for slurpees.  I had assumed that the coupon would be for a small slurpee.  Nope!!  It was for a 828 ml (large sized) slurpee.  I checked twice with the 7-11 staff.  Bowen and Ashton were so excited.  The slurpee was as big as their heads.  Good grief!  But I guess a deal is a deal!

1 comment: