Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Weigh-In

I'm terribly sorry to disappoint, but I've made an executive decision not to weigh today.  I haven't done horribly this week, but Rachel and her two little boys have been visiting all week and I didn't get around to exercising.  We walked to the park and walked around Ikea - but that probably doesn't count.  I feel bloated today and I just don't want to weigh.  So stay tuned for next week.  I expect good things!!

Last night for supper I made scalloped potatoes and ham.  Rather than my traditional scalloped potato recipe I decided to make one out of the "Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry" cookbook (see I made good choices this week too).  I forgot to take a picture when it first came out of the oven, bubbly and gorgeous, so here is a photo out of the fridge this morning.  Not as gorgeous!
But it is really delicious!

Darth Tater
Cheesy, gooey, roasted potato casserole - "May the forks be with you!"

2 1/2 lbs unpeeled, thin-skinned potatoes (red or white)
1 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each freshly ground black pepper, paprika, and dried thyme
1 can (10 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or fresh parsley
1/2 cup packed shredded light old (sharp) cheddar cheese - I used regular cheddar
1 green onion, chopped

Preheat oven to 425 F.  Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Add onions, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme and mix well.  Roast potatoes for 30 minutes, stirring once, halfway through cooking time.  Remove from oven and let cool slightly.  Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.

In a medium bowl, mix together soup.  Parmesan cheese, and dill.  Pour over potatoes.  Mix well.  Sprinkle grated cheddar on top, followed by green onion.  Return potatoes to oven and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and potatoes are golden brown around edges.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


I've enjoyed having my sister and her boys at my house this week.  I will miss them when they go home today.  Poor Rachel yesterday as she was coming down my stairs carrying Liam FELL - and fell HARD.  She is so sore today.
The picture doesn't do the bruise justice.

And you should see the size of the bruise on her "lower" back (aka her butt).  She wouldn't let me take a picture to put on the worldwide web.  But it is nasty!!

My weightloss goals this week are to exercise 5 times, track all my food intake and drink lots of water.  See you all next Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe RAchel would not let you take a picute. Rude!!:) I was wondering if you were going to post this morning. Every time my sisters come home we all gain 5lbs. So I was wondering what would happen with your sister there. Good luck next week. Your potatoes look awesome. I with I could figure out how to print recipes with out the whole post.??

    ReplyDelete