Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Cold Dip & A Hot Soup!

My boys played so well together yesterday.  I love when they are best friends and have a great time.  They played all day.  It was a little cooler so they mostly played inside - until 7:00 p.m.  For some reason they decided after 7:00 p.m. to go out in the pool.  I'm sure it was freezing.  What a crazy pair!


Then they asked if they could have a sleepover and sleep in Bowen's room.  I don't know why they don't like sleeping in Ashton's bunk beds.  They played in bed for a while and read stories.  Love those boys of mine!

Don't let Bowen fool you - he's just pretending to be asleep!

If you are looking for a super easy, good for you, delicious soup - I've got the recipe for you!  Last night I made the yummiest taco soup.

Taco Soup

1 lrg can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can kernel corn
1 can tomato soup (with 1/2 a can of water)
3 tbsp taco seasoning
2 - 3 boneless chicken breasts

Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook for several hours on low.


Take out chicken and shred, then return to pot.  Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips if desired.


Yummy!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good. One of the kids at church on Sunday told me that their favorite dinner was pizza soup. I had never heard of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh , think I need to make that to shake this pneumonia Looks yummy.
    Don`t know about next week yet, till I see how well I get. Certainly wouldn`t want to spread this bug to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made your soup today Lainie. Hope it helps me chase away this pneumonia bug. It was delicious. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you liked it - hope you are feeling better soon!

      Delete