Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, July 12, 2012

Michelangelo Himself Was Never So Blessed

A few weeks ago Jason heard that Salt Lake was looking for local artists to help with architectural painting at the LDS Temple being built here in Calgary.  He had no idea how feasible it would be with his current job, but it was just something he had to try for.  He sent off his resume with a few samples of art he has done and waited patiently (okay, maybe not so patiently!)

Weeks went by, no word, and he was heart broken thinking they had just picked other people and this opportunity would not be coming his way.

Yesterday morning he received a call from the person in charge of the detail work at the temple and asked Jason to come and meet him today for an interview.  He told Jason if he was able to track down a hard hat and hard toed boots he would take him into the temple.  I emailed a friend of mine whose husband is a contractor and asked if Darcy had a hat and boots Jason could borrow.  He did - and as luck would have it they now live across from the temple!

So this morning Jason left his nervous wife behind and left for the interview.  He met him at the temple and after looking at some of Jason's art work he told Jason to follow him.  He took him up this really tall ladder that was going through a hole in the ceiling and as they stepped into the room he was told it was the celestial room.  He said "because of your attention to detail I think I'll have you start in here on Monday". 

So Monday morning Jason will be painting the ceiling of the celestial room in the temple!!  We are so excited!  What an amazing opportunity.  Still figuring out how to work it around his regular job - but it looks like he'll probably be at the temple from 7 - 4 p.m., and his regular job from 5 - 9 p.m.  It will be a sacrifice as he won't be spending much time with his family this summer.  But Michelangelo himself was never so blessed!!

7 comments:

  1. That is fantastic. I am so excited for him. So excited. Can't say that enough. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazingly, fantastically awesome. I get weepy (I don't know why) when I think about how awesome this experience is. I just can't imagine knowing that my own special touch would be going into the temple for everyone to see.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what an honor for Jason. That is fantastic, and awesome. Yes. he will do the temple proud. COngrats Jason. Such an honor for a talented man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on your other post before I read this one, but as I sat here reading this post, I got teary! I am so proud of Jason, he truly is talented and this opportunity couldn't have come to a better man. His attention to detail really is quite amazing, and to start in the room where everyone desires to go is such a spectacular accomplishment in his life! So happy for you guys, I am sorry about the sacrifice you have to face this summer, but it truly will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! That is so amazing!!!! Truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! That is so amazing!!!! Truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soo awesome! Matt told me today after church and then I saw a new blog post and found this one as well! Congrats that is an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete