Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Weigh In

Well, another goal not met - yet!  I've kind of lost track of where I was in my weightloss goals so once again I'm going to start over!  I weighed this morning and I'll start again from that point.  I've got to have long term success one of these times, right! 

I've been in a funk this week.  Ever get in one of those.  I don't have them very often, but when I do, I do it up right.  I've been slacking in the housekeeping duties which results in a very messy house - which depresses me.  Been eating terribly which results in looking and feeling awful - which depresses me.  It's a vicious circle. 

So enough is enough - time to snap out of it.  Jason even asked if I'll be able to handle him being gone so much this summer and if he should quit working at the temple.  AS IF - that would make me more depressed!  I'm fine, it's just hormones and self pity.  Both temporary!

So I'm going to exercise today - that should get some endorphins going and I know will make a big difference to my mood.  I'm also going to get out of the house - that will help too.  I will also eat better and track my food.  I made a nice meal last night as a kick off, out of the Eat Shrink and Be Merry cookbook.  It's a pork loin with apricot-mustard sauce.

LIFE IN THE FAST LOIN

Sauce

2/3 cup water
1/2 cup apricot jam
2 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and mustard
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper

4 boneless pork loin chops
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.

Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and peper and let stand for a few minutes.  Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.  Add pork chops and cook.  Cover skillet with lid if they're splattering.

Remove pork chops from skillet, cover with foil, and keep warm.  Pour sauce into same skillet.  Using a whisk, cook and stir sauce for about 5 minutes, or until it thickens.  Make sure you scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet for added flavor.  Serve pork chops drizzled with hot apricot-mustard sauce.

I served mine with rice and corn.  So good!


So there it is - my plan for the week.  Exercise, eat well and I hope to have a good weightloss next Friday.  I need a good jump start to get me going again.


Jason has had a good week at the temple.  He is sure sore!  I slathered him with deep cold the other night.  With his arms over his head, and standing all day, he is using muscles he's not used to using.  He was able to take some pictures the other day.  Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post them.  But it will be nice to have them.  They are close ups of the bearded wheat in various stages of painting and then applying the gold leaf.  He was smart enough to have someone take a couple pictures of him applying the gold leaf and then painting on detail by hand.  I bought him a journal yesterday that he is going to start and we'll print off some pictures to include in that.


Well, I'm going to go tackle cleaning my messy house and then I promised the boys I'd take them to McDonald's today for breakfast and let them play in the playplace.  We have Dane today so I'm sure he will enjoy that as well.  Wish me luck I hope to lose between 2 - 3 pounds this week!

1 comment:

  1. Pictures to treasure for sure. I was wondering how he was doing sore wise. If it would be different muscles or just make he present problems worse.

    ReplyDelete