Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Only July 6th!!!

A couple weeks into our summer holidays and the boys have been busy.  I took them to the dollar store the other day to pick out a couple of crafts to make.

Ashton chose a felt picture of Spiderman to colour ...



Bowen chose some stencils with crayons and a little painting set ...






They've played with playdoh ...


With their toys and with each other ...

One afternoon Bowen labelled all the doors in the house (not sure why!) ...




They've played outside, we've gone to the park.  They've played in their bedrooms, in the playroom, in the family room.  They've watched TV, watched a movie, played on the Wii, played on the DS, played on the computer.  Last night I bought them each a school book to work in so their minds don't turn to mush.  I'm already starting to run out of ideas.  IT IS ONLY JULY 6th!!  What do you do to keep your kids busy in the summer?


I'm sure some of you have been wondering what has happened to my Friday Weigh In.  I haven't forgot about it.  It went on the back burner for a bit, but I'm refocusing and will be back.  I originally had a goal to lose 25 pounds before my birthday.  I'm going to have to revise that.  My birthday is less than a month away so as from today my goal is to lose 10 pounds before then.  If it is more great but I don't want to sabotage myself by having too lofty a goal. 

I've started tracking my eating again and plan to exercise 4 times this week.  I'll report back next Friday on my progress.  Any Seinfeld fans will remember George's "Summer of George", well I plan on focusing on a few things this summer and make it a "Summer of Lalainia".  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Love the door labeling. That is funny. I make my kids work until noon. Then they have the afternoon off. This cuts down on fights in our house. I find it getting easier as they get older, they can go to the park by them selves (I don't think I would ever do that where you are) and ride bikes around etc. I also try to take them somewhere at least every other week, like the Bird of Prey Center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was thinking that here we are a week in to summer and I'm already worried it will fly by and I won't have noticed it. Evidence, it is Saturday and I am at my office marking papers.
    I need to plan some interruptions to join you and the boys for an adventure.
    I like the "Summer of Lalainia" - maybe I'll have a few moments this weekend and make a list for the "Summer of Sheri". You and the boys will be on the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am past the stage of entertaining the summer vacation crowd. sad but not sad! one of my favorite things to do was take them to the library and have them take out books from the library on subjects that interested them. One of our favorites was the section on kids cooking/baking - the kids picked recipes from the books and I made sure to buy the ingredients. we also took books out on making kites, drawing cartoon animals, people, etc. Another fun subject was kids photography. The library is the most magnificant place to find out about undiscovered talents - Julia took out a book on sculpting and discovered a talent for it which was thrilling for her because she isn't a great drawer like her sister but is naturally gifted with sculpting. I just bought her plasticine from the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete